Saturday, July 2, 2016

Colores de Carol June 2016 Releases



Hello ladies! I have some gorgeous summer Colores de Carol polishes to share with you today! Each one is truly unique from any polish I have in my collection. You know what else I like about these? I helped name four of them! Read on and I'll tell you which ones..


Formula and application:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). It's worth mentioning again that Carolina has started using a new suspension base and the resulting formula is nice, smooth, and self-leveling. I am really pleased with the improvement! Each of these polishes has a different formula, so I will be describing them individually. I will say that I was happy with all of them and didn't experience any issues.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 



Pretty Winkle is a scattered holographic cornflower blue creme with iridescent square glitters. My camera didn't quite capture the dusty purple hue in this one and my photos look more blue than in real life. It's such a lovely color! The glitters get a little hidden in this formula but I love the subtle peek-a-boo. The formula was good and this was two coats, plus top coat.



Independencia is a clear based glitter topper with red, white, blue, and holographic glitters in various shapes and sizes. So perfect for the summer holidays! The glitter payoff is really nice as it's densely filled with sparkly goodness. This was one coat over Pretty Winkle, no top coat.



Slippery Deck is a warm yellow crelly with a super subtle green shimmer, rainbow hex and star glitters. Such a unique and fun color! You know what it makes me think of? I think OPI was trying to accomplish something like this with Pineapples Have Peelings Too but just got it so wrong, and this is so much more right. It was really easy to apply, and this was two coats (a third on my pinky), no top coat.



Barbie Q. (I named this one!) is a salmon peach creme with subtle gold shimmer, gold square glitters, and micro lavender glitter. This is such a gorgeous shade and I love the variety shimmer and glitter. It looks so beautiful in the bottle, I almost wish the formula was thinner so more of the details would show through. The glitters made the polish drag just a tad, but it still applied well in two coats, plus top coat.



Shore Enough (I named this one!) is a dusty sea-foam green with green shimmer to it, micro silver holo glitter and micro turquoise holo. I think this is my favorite one! I am a sucker for subtle details and the formula is great too. This was two coats, no top coat. 



Hot Spots (I named this one!) is a white crelly filled with multi-colored matte glitters in various shapes and sizes, black shredded glitter, and holo glitter. I always struggle photographing white crellies which is frustrating because I wish my photos showed the detail better. This one is super fun and the black shreds make it unique to anything I have. The formula was nice and smooth and this was three coats, plus top coat.



Hexy Lady (I named this one!) is a clear based glitter topper with scattered holo, matte and holo pink and purple hex glitters in various sizes. This also had good glitter payout, requiring a little glitter placement with the larger hex glitters. This was one coat shown over Essie Lapis of Luxury, no top coat.


Each polish retails for $10 and they are all available now at the Colores de Carol website. Make sure to use my code NPSOCIETY for 10% off your order!

Colores de Carol


What do you think of these shades? Do you like any of the names (wink wink, nudge nudge)? I love the variety and think there's something here for everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!