Saturday, April 23, 2016

Glam Polish The King (Partial) Collection Swatches And Review



Hi ladies! I am so excited to share today's post with you! I have had my eye on Aussie indie brand Glam Polish for quite some time, so I was thrilled then when Rachel reached out to me to review part of this new collection. Not only are these shades all gorgeous, but I love the theme as well. The King Collection is inspired by the late and great King of Rock N Roll, Elvis Presley. It's a nine piece collection, and I have four of them to show you today.


Suspicious Minds is a vampy plum scattered holographic with holographic microflakies and crimson shimmer. This one looked pretty enough in the bottle but once I applied it on the nail it looked totally stunning. Application was easy, though the microflakies dragged a tad bit and looked slightly "lumpy" for lack of a better word. This was two coats, and it all smoothed right out with top coat.




Always On My Mind is a "Cadillac pink" holographic crelly with ultra holo glitter. This is such a pretty, romantic pink shade, ever if it's not the most flattering on my skin. Application was very smooth and easy. This is two coats, shown without top coat.




It's Now Or Never is a baby blue holographic crelly with ultra holo glitter. This soft and dreamy blue just may be my favorite of these four. This was two smooth and easy coats, shown without top coat.




Viva Las Vegas is a holographic microglitter with larger rainbow holographic hex glitter. Photographing these types of glitters, it is always so hard for me to truly capture the blinginess. From the description though I think you can imagine how sparkly this is in real life. Despite the larger sized glitters, it was still really easy to apply. This was two coats, shown without top coat.





The King collection releases Friday, April 29th at 2pm EST. Each polish retails for $11.50 USD. Shipping rates to USA are $3.80 for the first polish and an extra $1.00 for each additional polish.

Glam Polish
Store


What do you think of these shades and the theme? I would stalk Glam Polish's social media to check out the other shades that are in the collection because the rest are just as stunning! And I feel that they are a great representation of Elvis. Fun story- my grandma's best friend went on a date with Elvis once, before his fame blew up into the stratosphere. He even wrote his phone number on her wall, haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!