Thursday, April 21, 2016

Colores de Carol Beach Boys Live Collection Swatches And Review


Hey lovely ladies! I have a fantastic new Summer collection from Colores de Carol that I am so excited to share with you! The Beach Boys Live Collection is full of super bright, bold, and happy neons. These are honestly so bright I think my eyes might be temporarily blinded from editing all these photos. At first I was a little apprehensive about whether I could accurately capture the colors of these neons, but I was so happy looking through the photos because I feel like they are spot on!


Formula and application:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). Carolina has started using a new suspension base and the resulting formula is nice, smooth, and self-leveling. I am really pleased with the improvement! The pigmentation in this collection is really strong and most shades only needed two coats. The collection contains seven holographic (holo micro glitter, holo shimmer, and scattered holo) neons. There is no need for a white base underneath, these colors pop all on their own! They also don't dry matte. All of these swatches are shown without top coat.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 


Let Him Run Wild is a holographic neon yellow/green. This is not my typical color but is so bold that I love it anyway. Being the lightest shade in the collection, it took a little more care for application, but it still self-leveled really well on its own. This was three coats, no top coat.




Surfer Girl is a holographic neon orange two coats, no top coat.




The Girl From NYC is a holographic neon pink two coats, no top coat.




Summer Means New Love is a holographic neon coral two coats, no top coat.




Alley Oop is a holographic neon bright green. This is two coats, no top coat.




Beaches In My Mind is a holographic neon blue. This was two coats, no top coat.




Where I Belong is as neon as you can get with a purple. It's the most jelly-like formula in the collection and really allows the holographic sparkle to shine through. This is two coats, no top coat.




The Beach Boys Live Collection releases Friday, April 22. Each polish retails for $11, or you can purchase the full 7-piece collection for $70. Make sure to use my code NPSOCIETY for 10% off your order!

Colores de Carol

Are you feeling the neon vibes yet? What's your favorite from the collection?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!