Friday, February 5, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Aqua Or Turquoise + Gradient


Hello! And welcome to this week's 40 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge! The theme is aqua or turquoise and my prompt was water marble, er, I mean gradient. I was stumped on ideas of what to do with my gradient until I came across this photo on Instagram. Yes! How perfect is that? I have been wanting to try out this water marble over a gradient look for ages, but kind of forgot that I did. I was so glad for the excuse to finally give it a try. What do you think? Now I want to WATER MARBLE ALL THE GRADIENTS!! Kidding, this actually takes so much time (I did a separate marble for each nail). But doesn't it look so prettieee?


I had tried doing water marbles similar to this so many times, but with no success. I was so frustrated that I couldn't find a clear nail polish that would work. Then my friend Valesha who is brilliant with water marbles turned me on to Pipe Dream Polish Clearwater. I was so thrilled that I bought it right away. That was a few months ago, haha. But last night I finally gave it a chance to shine and it really did the trick.


What I used:
Essie Mint Candy Apple
OPI Can't Find My Czechbook
Zoya Robyn
Polish My Life Cloud Blue- light white blue
Pipe Dream Polish Clearwater


The sad thing about this mani is that I removed it immediately after I took these photos. Zoya Robyn had stained my nails before and I was afraid it would do it again. It's not as bad as I feared except for where it got under the nail. Yikes. Okay, it's kind of bad. But I don't have another blue quite like it! Do you have any nail polishes that you should get rid of and know you shouldn't wear but you keep it around anyway?



Don't forget to check out what everyone else came up with for the aqua or turquoise theme below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!