Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fall In Love: Indies I'm Wearing This Autumn


First things first, what do you think of my collage? I've been trying to figure out how to do more things in Photoshop without my husband's help. It may not be the best, but I'm so proud of myself for putting it together!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating tomorrow! Before Autumn is figuratively over and we get into the full swing of Christmas season, I wanted to show you some of my favorite seasonally appropriate polishes that I've been wearing. I have for you five gorgeous shades from five different amazing indie brands. Let's take a look!
 _____________________________________________________________

I Love Nail Polish Bishop (H) is a holograhic ultra chrome "that shifts from a refined gold to a light olive-green" with "sublte hints of greyish blue in the right light". I didn't by this shade in my first round of ILNP Fall collection purchases mainly because it's green. But when I went back for more I had to snag this because it's just so darn unique! The only thing that was a let down is that it got a little streaky. This is two coats plus topcoat.


Contrary Polish Gilded Oak is a lovely purple-ish brown with golden shimmer. You know how I love my browns, and this is no exception. Contrary Polish is so good at making such wearable, yet intriguing shades like this. This is two coats (probably should have done three for photos), plus topcoat.


Arcane Lacquer On The Brink called to me because I don't have another orange like it. I love the intensity of the fiery orange/red shade with its glowing orange and copper glitters. I may not wear this shade year round, but what could be more perfect for Fall? This is two coats, plus topcoat.


When I saw Pahlish La Derniere Reine it was love at first sight. I knew I had to have it! La Derniere Reine is actually French for "warm chunky sweater". Okay, I obviously made that up, but that is what this polish says to me. It makes me want to curl up by the fire with cup of hot cocoa (extra marshmallows) and watch the leaves fall outside. The copper flecks mixed in this creamy light nude shade are to die for. This is two coats, plus topcoat.


I've held off on purchasing A England Beauty Never Fails for some time because it's a green and I still don't have a passion for green like I do other colors. I finally decided to cave after about the hundreth photo I saw of it. Totally worth it. It is described as "a blackened pine base, brimming with emerald, gold, olive-green and bronze ultra-fine shimmer". I mean, have you even seen another polish just like this? I didn't think so. This is two coats for photos, plus topcoat, but is basically a one coater.


What's your favorite? Do you conform to seasonally appropriate shades, or are you rebellious?

Have a wonderful holiday and eat as much as you possibly can!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!