Monday, September 22, 2014

31DC2014 Day 21: A Color That Can't Be Tamed



I didn't go super, over-the-top creative with today's prompt. To figure out what to do I searched through my nail polish collection, paying attention to the names, and came up with a handful of ideas. Then I picked the easiest one. The color that I was inspired by is Sephora by OPI A Color That Can't Be Tamed. Hence the "wild" leopard print. And who doesn't love a good leopard print?



This is actually the first time I've worn A Color That Can't Be Tamed because it's a very sheer shimmery topper. It's a really strange non-color. Somewhere in between a silver, gold, tan, and green.I didn't want to do three or four coats of it, so instead I layered it over one coat of silver polish. Then I stamped the leopard print on top. It was also my first time using this leopard print image. Wow. So much faster than freehand!



What I used:
Sephora by OPI Queen of Everything- silver
Sephora by OPI A Color That Can't Be Tamed- shimmery topper
Konad Special Polish black
DRK-A Large stamping plate

Here's what I did for last year's 31DC2013 Inspired by a Color. I was surprised how it ended up as one of my favorites!


The next three prompts are Inspired by a Song, Movie, and Book. Are you excited to see what I'll come up with? Me too! Because I have no idea what I'm going to do yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!