Monday, June 9, 2014

New Kids On the Block Party


Suddenly this week, I am ready for summer. I may not be ready for the heat in the days ahead, but I've got a craving for barbecues (if you have a grill, please invite me over), watermelon, and ice cream. I'm ready for long days, warm nights, and not wearing a single pair of socks. Best of all, I am ready for summer nails! Bring on the bright colors and bold designs.

"The crazier the better is what I say." -Gonzo


I didn't have a plan for this mani, it just came together like this. I started pulling out some untried polishes and realized they could look really good together. The peach polish is really bright, but doesn't show up here. I wanted to stretch myself a little more as far as mixing and matching designs, and I love the end result!. This is now one of my all time faves!


My sister says the design on my middle finger looks like flying pies. So random, but I can see it.



What I used:
OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around- pink toned nude
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Pique Side- mint
COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant Midnight Magic- metallic foil
love, charlotte xo by Color Club- (no name) neon peach


This felt like a combination of 80's, summer (I think those two go hand in hand), and party nails. So that's where the name came from. :) Are they reminiscent of anything to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!