Tuesday, October 15, 2013

33 Day Challenge 10: Flowers

I didn't have much of a plan for today's design. I kind of wanted to see what I could come up in the process, by painting random shapes to see what it would turn into. I came up with a color palette, which I'm really pleased with, and would love to use again in another mani. I wanted my flowers to have an Autumn feel to them so I went with more muted shades. Similar to yesterday's post, I like the subdued feel here.



I started with three coats of OPI No Bees Please. I have always been in love with this color. It's so wearable, subtle, and squishy. Perfect for when I used to have to worry about work appropriate nails. I just realized I also used this polish in my African Violets mani. Apparently it goes really well with flowers! I am halfway through my bottle (that is rare for me!), which makes me sad.


I did all of the shapes with my dotting tools. I think I used three different sizes. I started with one big flower on each nail. I really liked how it looked at that stage, but I wanted to continue to experiment. So I just added a bunch of randomness all over.


I guess this is what you'd call a "skittle" mani, with something different on each nail.


What I used:
OPI No Bees Please- sheer cream/nude with pink microshimmer
OPI Nantucket Mist- dusty rose with touch of coral
Sephora by OPI Give Peace a Chance- yellowy peach
Sephora by OPI Tweet You Later- light pink mauve
Zoya Bevin- sage green
Zoya Caitlin- purple gray
Jenna Hipp Hashtag- peach

What do you think? Which season do you think this represents the best?

1 comment:

I love to hear your comments!