Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tutti Fruitti Polka Dots

This is the first full-out manicure utilizing my dotting tools. They arrived in the mail from Amazon a few weeks ago, and I have been intending to do one of these ever since. In all honesty, I waited this long to do one because I don't like dots as much as I do other designs. It was good though to try it and see if I could do it. More practice will do me good. Anyhow, I think the colors are really cute together.





Compared to my right hand, this one turned out much better. I did the dots on my ring finger last, but forgot that when I put my top coat on. I was going to wait a few more minutes so that it wouldn't smudge. The second I put the brush to my nail I realized my mistake, but there was no going back. I know, the drama I face with nail polish. I bear it all so well. Fortunately, it wasn't that disastrous. 



I think this is the only thing I own with polka dots.



What I used:
Jenna Hipp Damage Control- pink
Sephora by OPI I'm Wired- coral
Out the Door top coat

Do you own anything with polka dots? What do you think the pattern looks best on?

Thanks for reading! Smiley face! Hearts!

2 comments:

  1. Suuuuuper cute! Polka dots are such a happy pattern. Personally, I would reserve polka dots for small things like a headband, jewelry, or nails. Although, with smaller dots I would feel comfortable wearing a polka dot shirt or dress.

    You're getting better all the time, Emiline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If they are happy, maybe I need more things polka dot.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments!